Monday, March 16, 2009

First off

It is currently my spring break and I am at home. Home is the San Luis Valley, which hosts the Great Sand Dunes, The Rio Grande River, Zapata Falls, Pennitente Canyon, Potatoes, The Sangre De Cristo Mountains, The San Juan Mountains acres of national forest and the little known UFO Watchtower.

It is good to be home, but it is spring break and although the vernal equinox is nearing the weather here in the valley is not exactly spring material if you know what I mean. So I am thinking about actually heading west or south, (because moving farther away from the equator means colder weather and all that lie east is impenetrable Midwest farmland) and possibly becoming known as a snowbird I understand this, but who doesn't want warm weather for spring break? My budget reflects that of a college student who lifeguards at the YMCA, and does a little lab monitor work one night a week, so the possibilities of travel do indeed come to an end. My girlfriend and I have figured two options for travel, northern Arizona, or southwestern Utah. I suppose if those plans fail there is always Colorado Springs right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers