Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Day 7

So here I am, it has been one week. One week since I have had meet of any sort, and I don't feel that different.

I have been lifting and practicing all as usual nothing has really changed that much when it comes to my stamina while in practice, or in the weight room.

The one thing that gets me though, is the fact that I feel like I get hungry a lot sooner after a meal. When I was eating meet I could have three meals a day and be fine. Without the meet I feel like I have to constantly eat to keep my stomach quiet. I wonder why that is exactly.

I drink a lot more water. I mean like almost twice as much before I started this diet. I feel like I should have it coming out of my ears, but it all stays in.

I was in pretty bad shape last week when it came to having ideas of what I was going to eat, or make that is. I knew that I couldn't just have smoothies and soup, so I got some recipes from my mom. She gave me her ancient awesome recipe to make my favorite, broccoli soup, also some money (that was needed) to go and purchase the ingredients. Thanks mom. Hopefully I can make it sometime this week.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you're doing OK. Glad there are no ill effects on your workouts. I'm not being as strict as you - still eating fish and eggs. What I'm finding is that I have to THINK more about what I'm going to eat and spend a little more time cooking rather than defrosting.

    Your mom's broc soup is yum! I made some bean soup last night and think it turned out well (my usual recipe - throw stuff into the crockpot and assume it'll taste good). I'm guessing you don't have a crockpot, but you could cook this in a big pot on the stove on very low heat:

    1 bag frozen black-eyed peas and/or
    1 can black beans (you can vary and use whatever kinds of beans you want - they should equal around a pound)
    carrots
    celery
    one chopped onion
    chopped frozen spinach
    1 can diced tomatos (I used roasted ones)
    any other vegetables you like
    garlic
    cumin (I like lots - a little less than a tablespoonful)
    black pepper - to taste
    1 bayleaf
    1 can/bottle beer OR 1 cup red wine
    enough water to make it all watery

    Cook uncovered until it comes to a boil, then lower heat to lowest setting and cover. Stir occasionally - once an hour or so. I cook mine over night - if you do this, be sure to check before bed that there's plenty of liquid so it doesn't cook dry during the night (and you don't have to get up once an hour to stir!). You won't forget to check in the morning because it'll smell SO good you'll want to have this for breakfast.

    ReplyDelete

Followers