Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Day 1

I woke up a vegetarian. I had a simple meal, it was some Kashi "strawberry fields" cereal. It was a good way to start the day off.

My big hurdle for today though was giving blood. It has been about 2 years since I have donated blood and I was worried about how my body was going to recover from this. I took in about a gallon of water over the course of the day to help the process. Something worth noting while I was giving blood, I witnessed a girl that passed out. She was talking to me just a few minutes before, and she finished giving blood, then I saw her face go pale and neck go limp. First time I had ever seen anything like that. She was ok a couple minutes later.

For lunch I had some cheese pizza, and an apple.

I had practice at 2pm that included a lot of running today, so I didn't really feel to great, I am sure that was because of donating blood. I made it through practice, had an hour off then had to go hit. Hitting went fine, once again I am pretty sure that my body was a little slower because of the missing pint of blood. I actually worked out as well, right after hitting. I felt just fine lifting, felt like I had all of the energy I needed.

Dinner was couscous with some peaches, and lightly sauced potatoes with some onions. It tasted very good. Made me full. I like to eat good food. I capped the night off with some cheesecake that my girlfriend so graciously gave me for valentine's day. Thank You Quinn.

I must say I did have trouble not eating pepperoni pizza today. it was offered to me and I almost slipped up because I was not thinking as a vegetarian. So I am going to have to work on keeping my mind involved in making these eating decisions.

Let's see how I feel on day 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers