Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Coming soon...Vegetarian

So a while back, I believe it was in august, I was approached by my good friends Sara Tall and Anna Mullen. They told my buddy Colton and I that they were going to try going vegan for 40 days. They asked us if we would want to try going vegetarian for 40 days. We accepted enthusiastically.

Now, Colton and I being baseball players wanted to know when exactly we would be doing this, and when we were informed that it would be during lent, we both started a cold sweat. We were thinking about how it would effect our body and performance. We do workout and have practice everyday, so we don't want to lose anything physically, but we did still agree to try it.

Well, on Monday I let Colton know that we start our new vegetarian diet on Wednesday, the 17th or this coming Wednesday. Colton replied, "I don't think I'm going to do it man." I was mad that he decided to back out on this and let him know. He may still want to participate, but probably not.

Anyway, I have been getting ready for this day. I have been eating boca burgers, more veggies, granola, soy milk, pastas, salads, smoothies, you name it. I am going to try and be a vegetarian for 40 days, that means no meat for me at all, not even fish. I plan on making this a great learning experience not only for myself, but all of the people reading this blog.

I will blog as much as my schedule allows me. I plan on sharing with you what I have been eating, how I feel both mentally and physically, and if it really sucks being a vegetarian or if it is the best thing that ever happened to me.

So my first day already poses a nice start, I am going to give blood, have practice and lift. Plus all of the homework that has to be finished as well.

Here I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers